Saturday, February 6, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Emma is my 8 1/2 year old Newfoundland and Lily is her niece who is 4 1/2. We love to do Therapy work together.....Emma has recently retired but she has had many travels in her past...Texas after the hurricanes in 2005, NIU in 2008, and Parkersburg,IA also in 2008. Lily recently went to Indiana on a AACR (Animal Assisted Crisis Response) call out and I love to see the power of a dog when they are working. Someone once said what an amazing thing these animals do and I must agree. My life is whole when I am working with my girls. I have met some amazing people and in their journey and some I will never forget. Some people may not understand what we do but when they see these teams in action it is something that they will never forget. I look into my girls eyes and I see such wonderful dear souls and I wish they could live forever....so this blog is about them and yes I am very proud of them and am so blessed to have them....I think back to 2005 when I first read an article about a Newfoundland named Quincy who had gone through this training....I thank you Quincy ever so much.....thanks to all my dear friends whom I have met along the way and hope that our paths will pass each other again.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun is shining and there is so much going on....Lily is asleep in the living room by me and Miss Emma is outside laying in the sun. I am so thankful that Emma is feeling a little better...thank goodness for pain pills and a wonderful vet i.e. my brother....

    ReplyDelete